Propose someone who should be invited, or just name yourself. If you have not attended a QA hackathon before, introduce yourself. Say whether you'd come under which circumstances: company sponsored, self-funded, sponsored by the organisers.
- H.Merijn Brand (Tux) - PROCURA B.V.
- Philippe Bruhat (BooK) - Booking.com - I would work on Test::Database, and would be interested in feedback from testers. I'd be very happy to discuss the setting up of Test::Database on one or several CPAN Testers systems. I'll also be available to help converting test suites to Test::Database.
- Abe Timmerman (abeltje)
Sponsored by vienna.pm.org
- brian d foy
- Gabor Szabo (szabgab) - depending whether I can combine it with training classes
- Florian Ragwitz (rafl)
- Michael Schwern (Schwern)
- Curtis Poe (Ovid)
- Slaven Rezić (srezic)
- Tatsuhiko Miyagawa (miyagawa)
- Emmanuel Rodriguez (potyl)
- Andy Armstrong (AndyA)
- Stefan Hornburg (racke) - http://www.linuxia.de/, developer for Open Source ecommerce solution Interchange, focus for Hackathon will be packaging of Perl applications (Sympa, Interchange) and Perl modules, maybe also work on Wiki::Toolkit
- Paul Johnson (pjcj) - I'd be interested in working on Devel::Cover - perhaps on getting it to work better with perl 5.10 and later, or perhaps on better integration with CI systems or Smolder or maybe NYTProf. I'd also be interested in working on perl bindings and integration with Selenium 2. Or anything else that needs to be done.
- Reini Urban (rurban) - Maybe more CPAN subclassing work to test B::C compiled core tests and modules. CPAN::Distribution::testcc, CPAN::Module::testcc
- Peter Stoehr - http://www.123people.at/
- Lars Dɪᴇᴄᴋᴏᴡ 迪拉斯 (daxim)
- Marcel Grünauer (hanekomu)
- Thomas Klausner (domm)
- Michael Kröll (pepl)
- Martin Schipany (ElCondor)
- Jozef Kutej (jozef)
Seeking Sponsorship (Travel and/or Hotel)
If you're not funded by your company, please tell us how much it would cost to get you to Vienna, and what you plan to hack on (see Agenda). We will shortly announce how we're going to decide who will get sponsorship (unless we get enough money to invite all interested people :-)
- brian d foy -- Dave Golden and I are working on refactoring parts of CPAN.pm into decoupled units and adding bits to provide a graphical way (e.g. XUL) to show what CPAN.pm has done, is doing, and is planning to do. Users could interact with this graphical representation to get information about any part of the process. Airfare from Chicago is about USD$1200, then some money for a room somewhere (which I can share with someone). Although I appreciate any sponsorship, I'd like to teach an open enrollment class or a class for a company to pay my way.
- mpeters -- work could include Smolder, IETF TAP spec, Nested TAP spec implementation; travel cost looks to be about USD $1100
- Florian Ragwitz (rafl) -- would like to work on Devel::Cover (to make it play nicer with all the new toys, like MooseX::Declare, signatures, and others), and is also interested in CPAN Testers 2.0. travel cost would be about €200.
- Michael Schwern (Schwern) -- would work on gitPAN, nested TAP, IETF TAP, general curmudgeoning. Airfare looks to be about USD $1100.
- Curtis Poe (Ovid) -- Should need about €700. That can drop to about €150 if someone can give me a place to crash :) I hate to even ask, but much of my spare cash is going to the wedding right now. I plan to work on nested TAP parsing with Andy Armstrong, see if structured TAP diagnostics are viable in Test::Harness 1.0 and, time permitting, work on long-standing issues with Test::Differences.
- user:andk -- Will travel with a car and come up for the cost myself but will gladly take a hotel room; I have no plans yet what I'll be working on;
- Slaven Rezić (srezic) -- also no special plans, maybe some hacking on CPAN.pm or improving a perl-based routeplanner for cyclists in Vienna. Travel cost will be about 250€
- Tatsuhiko Miyagawa (miyagawa) -- would work on cpanminus to play well with the latest toolchain ecosystem. I'm sure I can make some contributions to local::lib and Module::Install as well. Travel is ~$1300 from SFO. Crashing/sharing hotel is ok.
These people already expressed interest before the wiki was up.
- Andy Armstrong (AndyA) applied through perl-qa ML; need to tell his sponsoring
- user:3350 Alias due to impending release of 2-year long project
- dagolden (xdg) due to work and family obligations in April
- Barbie - will try and connect via IRC during the weekend.
Last modified: 14/04/10 12:14 by Peter StoehrTags: travel